Saturday, December 10, 2011

So it's a little late, but gratitude is always in season

I was going to post this on Thanksgiving but missed it...

The books I am most grateful for
Or 
The books I like best
(In order to be a part of this list I have read the book at least three times (or in the case of new release, plan to make it part of my reread) however, they are not in an order (while these are my favorites, I won't show further preference!))



Juvenile/Young Adult:  
  • Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
  • The Host which is far better than that other series she wrote and Twilight (but not any of the books that follow) by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Ordinary Princess by MM Kaye
  • Howl's Moving Castle and Castles in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Dealing with Dragons and Searching for Dragons by Patricia C Wrede
  • The Sisters Grimm series and N.E.R.D.S. by Michael Buckley
  • Any of the Young Adult/Juvenile books by Rick Riordan (I didn't like his grown up books)

Picture:
  • The Jazz Fly by Matthew Gollub
  • Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude by Kevin O'Malley
  • The Kiss that Missed by David Melling
  • John, Paul, George, and Ben by Lane Smith
  • I Wanna Iguana by Karen Kaufman Orloff
  • Don't Let the Pegion Drive the Bus by Mo Willems actually pretty much anything by Mo Willems because I really love the Elephant and Piggie books
  • The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Scieszka 
  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
  • The Paper Bag Princess by Robert N. Munsch

Adult: (So, I can read grown up books--I just don't want to! And while there are some series that I like, this list is about love!)
  • The Lady Emily mysteries by Tasha Alexander

Classics: 
  • Northanger Abbey  by Jane Austen
  • Eight Cousins, Rose in Bloom, and An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
  • The Jeeves and Wooster adventures by PG Wodehouse 
  • North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Well, that looks good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment