Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Get your religion out of my fairy tale!

Stanley, Diane. The Silver Bowl. New York: Harper, c2011.

Mixed feelings…If this book wasn’t choking me with medieval Catholic dogma, I would give it two thumbs up. Sadly, it does. I remembered too late that Ella at Midnight, also by Stanley, had the same problem. To me, if you are going to write fantasy, then write fantasy and don’t spoon feed me real religion. On the other hand, I did love the characters and even the love triangle which is not something I ever thought I’d say. Generally, I get too caught up in the characters heartache. Jacob, Bella, and Edward almost killed me (The Twilight Saga). And I’m not sure I’ll make it through Ky, Cassia, and Xander (Matched). I love both of them! How I’m I going to make it two more books?

No comments:

Post a Comment