Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's all about the accent...

Davis, Heather. Never Cry Werewolf. New York : HarperTeen, 2009.

This is another in the long line of paranormal teen romance set in the Pacific Northwest. It is a really short book; I read it in like 2-3 hours. (Ok, I don't remember either of the main characters names if that says anything about the book. I'm going to call the girl Bella and the boy Jacob. In other words, this story is about a normal brunette girl who finds herself mixed up with a werewolf.) Best parts: 1.) "Jacob" is British in this book and "Bella" says something about how much she loves accents and has to listen carefully so as not to miss a word he says. 2.) Like another book involving Bella, this "Bella" is somewhat obsessive about the way the hero smells and the color of his eyes which seemed to change. (I guess Davis forgot that that happens to vampires not werewolves.) Personally, I thought...been there done that. But I was kind and just went with it. Here's where the best part comes in. She says that his smell is like "kryptonite for girls." BUT what would have made it better would be is if the put the two things together. "Accents, I love accents. They're like kryptonite for girls."

No comments:

Post a Comment