Thursday, November 3, 2011

I think someone should write about a rhombus

Condie, Ally. Crossed. New York: Dutton Books, 2011.

I am very tired of reading about love triangles they make my heart ache. I think real writers should choose a new shape. I suggest a rhombus, but I am also open to squares, stars, and octagons. Actually, I changed my mind an octagon is way more exciting than a rhombus.

In other news...I really liked Matched. I just regularly liked Crossed. To me, the two voices telling the story weren't strong enough. Sometimes, particularly when I took a break from the book, I had to stop and think who is I? because it was difficult to tell if it was Cassia or Ky talking. Bad news since their stories are so different.

Like Riordan's last book this is the awkward middle child. Hopefully, the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment